STEMpowered Instructor is a part-time or independent contractor position. The pay is $25 per hour. You will be expected to work in-person and in a virtual environment on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's from 2pm to 6pm.
Scope of Responsibilities: The STEM Instructor is responsible for assisting the Director of Education in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of STEMpowered program participants.
Essential Job Function:
- Develops and plans weekly lessons for program participants that are aligned to standards based on approved content and curriculum.
- Must develop and maintain a positive learning environment that supports participants development as a STEMpower participant.
- Works collaboratively with all students, families, and partners to ensure that academic activities are in alignment and advance skills of participants.
- Work collaboratively with Facilitators to implement program components.
- Monitor’s progress and uses assessment data to plan effective lessons.
- Utilizes best practices in classroom instruction to increase achievement and program outcomes.
- Responsible for managing records, assessments, and data used for monitoring progress and adjusting instruction. Maintains proper documentation of student schedules, lesson plans and other record keeping documents.
- Serves as liaison and ambassador for the program and assists in recruitment and retention.
- Incorporates Sanctuary tools and practices into everyday interactions to create a trauma- informed environment. Upholds the principles of Sanctuary to provide a therapeutic framework and culture.
Educational/Knowledge Requirements: Minimum requirement is High School Diploma. The ideal candidate must be actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in a relevant discipline (education, science, mathematics, engineering, computer science or enrolled in post-secondary program with a STEM focus).
- Must have demonstrated experience and content knowledge in math, science, technology, computers, or engineering. Teaching experience a plus, but not required
- Experience working with diverse communities, special needs/at-risk and families preferred but not required
- Knowledge of inequity issues that impact under-served communities.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal relationship and communications skills necessary.
- Strong computer skills - knowledge of MS window, IOS/IPAD functions, and google applications; ability to use zoom platform
- Effective time management skills
- Must be available to work evenings and some weekends when required
- Must have a reliable vehicle to travel to sites and to activities
- Valid PA driver’s license with excellent driving record, reliable vehicle, insurance 300/100,000 and registration, if required.
Clearances Required: PA Act 33 (Child Abuse) / Act 34 (Criminal History) / Federal Criminal History Record (FBI Fingerprint) / National Sex Offender Registry
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Gwen’s Girls, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all Vietnam-era veterans. Gwen’s Girls, Inc. utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.
NOTE: This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be necessary for this role. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.