Academic Coach is a part-time, position. Minimum pay is $15 per hour.
Scope of Responsibilities: The Academic Coach works with girls and boys in both a virtual and in person environment based upon the needs of the organization while providing academic coaching and support to students in the Pittsburgh area in grades K-12. Our Academic Coaches have a wide skill range that includes ELA, math, science, foreign language, SPED, and others. Academic Coaches work with students on skill-building, homework assistance, essay writing and college –prep. Academic coaching takes place on an individual or group level based upon the need of the student.
Schedule: Varies based on submitted availability; the coaching program takes place Monday-Saturday from 9:00am -7:00pm.
Essential Job Function:
- Provide ongoing academic support to assigned client.
- Plan effective instruction that supports academic growth.
- Weekly submission of lesson plans.
- Bi-monthly submission of progress notes.
- Effective communication with parents, team members and support agencies.
- Attendance at all mandatory organizational trainings.
- Adherence to policies and procedures of organization.
- Incorporates Sanctuary tools and practices into everyday interactions to create a trauma-informed environment. Upholds the principles of Sanctuary to provide a therapeutic framework and culture.
Educational/Knowledge Requirements: Minimum requirement is a high school diploma or higher preferred.
- All applicants must be over 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Highly organized
- Access to a computer or tablet and reliable internet/WiFi
- Knowledge of Zoom Platform
- Experience working with children
- PA Act 33 (Child Abuse) / Act 34 (Criminal History) / Federal Criminal History Record (FBI Fingerprint) / National Sex Offender Registry.
Gwen’s Girls, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all Vietnam-era veterans. Gwen’s Girls, Inc. utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.